Starting your day off with pancakes is a great way to be healthy while also fill your stomach with nutritious food to last the entire day. Whether you're in a rush or you have some time to kill, an electric griddle is the best option to make a pancake. It'll produce a fluffy, filling pancake in a matter of minutes compared to a stove pan that is messy and will take a long time to use. Finding the best electric griddle for pancakes can be easy.
The Best Electric Griddle For Pancakes in January 2023
Rating is 5 out of 5
Presto 07061 22-inch Electric Griddle With Removable Handles,Black
- Premium nonstick surface provides stick-free cooking and easy cleaning. Slide-out drip tray removes and cleans easily.
- Control Master heat control maintains the desired cooking temperature automatically. Heavy cast aluminum base is virtually warp-proof.
- Griddle is fully immersible with the heat control removed.
- Simply open latch clips to detach handles from griddle base. No tools needed.
- With handles removed, base stores in most standard 18-inch kitchen cabinets.Cooking area: 231 square inch
Rating is 4.9 out of 5
BLACK+DECKER Family-Sized Electric Griddle with Warming Tray & Drip Tray, GD2051B
- Extra-Large Capacity - Cook for the whole family! The 8-serving cooking area offers 200 square inches of griddle surface for all your breakfast favorites (10"x20")
- Non-Stick Cooking Surface - The durable non-stick cooking surface allows for easy cooking and fast cleanup
- Click & Lock Thermostat - The removable probe features an adjustable temperature knob, providing the ideal heat for every cooking task
- Built-In Warming Tray - The slide-out warming tray lets you have everything hot and ready for serving; just move cooked foods into the tray while you prepare the rest on the griddle surface
- Removable Drip Tray - Excess grease and fat drain into the removable tray for easy disposal
Rating is 4.8 out of 5
DASH DEG200GBAQ01 Everyday Nonstick Electric Griddle for Pancakes, Burgers, Quesadillas, Eggs & other on the go Breakfast, Lunch & Snacks with Drip Tray + Included Recipe Book, 20in, Aqua
- MORE THAN PANCAKES: Make eggs, cookies, pancakes, grilled cheese, even stir fry, burgers and quesadillas without the need for multiple pots/pans! Great for kids or on the go!
- FAMILY SIZE: Measuring 1975x95 this electric griddle is perfect for family meals, entertaining, or cooking a variety of foods for picky eaters all at once
- QUICK + EASY: Simply plug it in and set the heat probe to your desired temperature; it heats up in mere minutes, saving you time and energy Makes a great wedding or new home gift with 4 trendy color options (Black, White, Red, and Aqua)
- EASY TO CLEAN: The PFOA-free, non-stick surface provide an even cook for consistent results Comes with a drip tray to catch excess grease, cleanup is a snap!
- INCLUDES: Backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty, the 1500 watt Dash Everyday Griddle includes anti-slip feet, drip tray, nonstick heating surface, recipe book and recipe database access (all non-electric parts are easily wiped clean)
- U.S. BASED SUPPORT: Dash is a U.S. based company who provides contact information in each product manual
Rating is 4.7 out of 5
BELLA Electric Ceramic Titanium Griddle, Make 10 Eggs At Once, Healthy-Eco Non-stick Coating, Hassle-Free Clean Up, Large Submersible Cooking Surface, 10.5" x 20", Copper/Black
- ELECTRIC GRIDDLE: This hardworking griddle features a 1500 watt heating system, cool touch handles & a base with a built in ledge with backstop for easy pancake flipping. The removable probe with easy-to-use dial allows for precise temperature control
- DURABLE & EFFICIENT: The unique ceramic non-stick coating is 8 times more durable & cooks up to 30% faster than standard non-stick coatings. It's reinforced with titanium for outstanding strength & scratch resistance
- NONSTICK COOKING: This griddle's Healthy-Eco coating contains no harmful chemicals like lead & cadmium. Its titanium ceramic coating offers superior food release making this a true non-stick surface
- KITCHEN ESSENTIALS: BELLA offers a full range of high-quality products including air fryers, waffle irons, toasters, coffee makers, electric kettles, slow cookers, espresso machines, griddles & juicers.
- MIX IT UP: The kitchen should be fun. With BELLA It can be. We provide you with quick & convenient kitchen solutions to simplify your hectic life, including small kitchen appliances, cookware & housewares.
Rating is 4.6 out of 5
Presto Slimline Griddle, Black, 22"
- Extra-large cooking surface makes enough for the entire family. Premium nonstick surface for stick-free cooking and easy cleaning. Slide-out drip tray
- Great for every meal. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Low-profile buffet server. Griddle features a big 13x22-inch cooking surface ideal for buffet-style serving
- Heavy cast aluminum cooking surface is virtually warp-proof. Fully immersible with the heat control removed. Slimline design makes it convenient to store
- Control Master heat control maintains the desired temperature automatically
- Slide-out drip tray removes for quick cleaning
Rating is 4.5 out of 5
Presto 07047 Cool Touch Electric Griddle
- Premium nonstick surface for stick-free cooking and no-hassle cleaning
- Fully immersible and dishwasher safe with the heat control detached - low profile design
- Stores easily in a kitchen cabinet.
- Control Master heat control maintains the proper cooking temperature automatically. 1300 watts.
- Slide-out drip tray removes for easy cleaning.
- Big 10-1/2 by 16-inch cooking surface is great for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- The low profile design and heavy cast aluminum base allow griddle to double as an attractive buffet server
- Griddle is fully immersible and dishwasher safe with the heat conrol removed
- Premium nonstick surface and a built-in backstop ledge provide easy food handling
- Control Master heat control maintains the desired cooking temperature automatically
Rating is 4.4 out of 5
Presto Ceramic 22-inch Electric Griddle with removable handles, One Size, Black
- Extra-large griddle-great for every meal and entertaining
- Special textured ceramic cooking surface provides enhanced nonstick performance and easier cleaning
- Removable handles for easy cleaning and compact storage
- Control Master heat control maintains desired cooking temperature
- Heavy cast aluminum griddle is virtually warp-proof
- Fully immersible with the heat control removed
Rating is 4.3 out of 5
Presto 07073 Electric Tilt-N-fold Griddle, 19", Black inch
- Great for every meal: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Easily adjusts from a level cooking surface for eggs and pancakes to a tilted surface for meats
- Legs fold in and drip tray locks in place for easy, compact storage. Heavy cast aluminum base with large 254-square-inch cooking surface
- Premium nonstick surface ensures stick-free cooking and easy cleaning. Control Master heat control automatically maintains the desired cooking temperature
- Slide-out drip tray empties easily. Easy to clean. Fully immersible with the heat control removed
- Tilt to drain. Flip down the levers to tilt the grilling surface when cooking meats. Fold to store. Fits in most standard 18-inch kitchen cabinets
Rating is 4.2 out of 5
Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Electric Indoor Grill + Griddle, 8-Serving, Reversible Nonstick Plates, 2 Cooking Zones with Adjustable Temperature (38546), Black
- 3-in-1 Cooking Versatility: Full griddle, full grill, half grill/half griddle. Reversible plates include a griddle on one side and grill on the other.
- Great for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner: From Pancakes, Eggs and Bacon for Breakfast, to Grilled Cheese and Hot Sandwiches for Lunch to Grilled Steaks, Hamburgers, Chicken, Fish, Pizza, Vegetables and More, It Can Be Used for Any Meal.
- Double Cooking Zones: 2 Cooking Areas With Independent, Adjustable Heat and a Center Grease Channel With Drip Tray Underneath.
- Cook for One or a Family: Large 180 Square Inch Surface Cooks up to 8 Servings for a Family Meal.
- Easy to Clean: the Pfoa-Free Nonstick Plates and Drip Tray Are Removable for Easy, Dishwasher Safe Cleaning
- Fabric Type: Metal
- Included Components: Dishwasher Safe Grease Tray
Rating is 4.1 out of 5
IKICH Electric Griddle, 1600W Indoor Smokeless Nonstick Electric Pancake Grill with Drip Tray, 2-in-1 Electric Griddle Grill with Cool-Touch Handle, Black
- Double Cooking Areas: IKICH 2-in-1 electric griddle/grill has ribbed & flat cooking surfaces, which is ideal for keeping foods separate to cater to different tastes. With two individual cooking areas, you can cook two kinds of food at the same time.
- Stick-Free Griddle: The 19.2 inches family-sized electric griddle is made of PTFE-free coating, which provides enhanced performance for nonstick cooking and easier cleaning. Slide-out drip tray removes and cleans easily and using a dishwasher to clean is safe.
- Healthy Griddling: Middle grease channel helps to keep the flavor in and the fat out, making food cooked on the griddle healthier.
- 5-Level Temperature Setting: Heat-Control device maintains the desired cooking temperature and prevents overheating automatically. 1600W large electric griddle helps you to choose the proper temperature to cook.
- Ideal for Any Meal: From breakfast, lunch to dinner, IKICH electric griddle/grill is ideal for family meals, entertaining, or cooking a variety of foods at the same time. Making eggs, pancakes, grilled cheese, and burgers without other pans.
How to use an griddle
Heating the electric griddle for pancakes up is the first step. Since it's electric it will get hot pretty quickly and stay hot. This can be done by simply plugging it in to a wall outlet and turning it on. You'll know when it's hot holding your hand above the surface and feeling the heat.
After that, it's time to start getting it ready to make food. If you're making a pancake, you're going to need to add some oil or no stick spray to the griddle so the food you're cooking doesn't stick to the griddle. Once your pancake mix is made and ready to go, it's best to just pour it onto the griddle in the form of a circle. The pancake mix will start to bubble and cook. When you see bubbles, that's how you know it's time to flip over your pancake. After the second side of the pancake is cooked, you can turn the griddle off and unplug it from the wall. Or if you have more pancakes to cook, you can repeat the same process.
What to cook on the griddle
There are tons of different kinds of foods you can cook on a griddle besides just pancakes. Yes, pancakes are the easiest and quickest food you can make on a griddle, but full breakfast meals can also be cooked on it.
One of the most popular foods to cook on a griddle is eggs. Eggs are rich in protein and cooking them on a griddle helps to make them edible quickly. You can make many different types of eggs on a griddle because of how versatile the griddle is. You have more space to flip eggs over, scramble them or just leave them Sunnyside up.
Potatoes, home fries and hash browns can all be cooked on a griddle as well. You can make your home fries and hash browns as crispy as you want to by just leaving them on the griddle for a longer period of time. Home fries and hash browns are great side choices for meals like eggs or pancakes.
Bacon is a favorite breakfast meat for many people to put on the griddle and eat. It fries up easily and becomes crispy. Sausage is another popular breakfast meat that can be cooked on the griddle. Because of its thickness, it takes a little longer to cook than bacon but it can be done.
Breakfast food alone isn't the only type of meal you can prepare on a griddle. Burgers, hot dogs and other meals can all be made and enjoyed on the best electric griddle. All you need to do is make sure you cook them to the right temperatures. Whether you're preparing a breakfast feast or a dinner banquet, your griddle could be a valuable asset for making food quickly.
How to clean an electric griddle
After all the cooking is over, your griddle will need to be cleaned. The first step to doing this is by unplugging it and making sure it's cooled down completely. After your griddle is unplugged from the wall and safe to touch, you can start cleaning it by taking a hard wire brush and rubbing it over the top of the griddle. This way you can scrape off any food that might have burned on to the surface of your griddle. It's important to keep the surface of the griddle clean for future use.
After that, you need to take soap and water to it and clean it like you would with any other pot or pan in your home. Clean it well with warm water, dish cleaner soap and a sponge for the best results.
These types of griddles are great for convenience and speed. They need to be cleaned just like the rest of your cooking equipment so that they last a long time and remain valuable for future uses.